Fulfilling the Great Commission in this generation hinges on mobilizing the Church for missions. But what exactly does that mean? How is it defined biblically and what does it look like in action? Where can someone look for guidance in mobilizing for missions?
To answer some of these questions, I’ve invited Ryan Shaw, missionary to Thailand, Church mobilization leader, and author of the book, Rethinking Global Mobilization. Ryan and I discuss what mobilizing the church means, growth during persecution, and how God is changing the face of missions. Ryan shares the exciting place we’re currently in regarding missions, what he sees on the horizon that God is doing, and how redefining missions is key to expanding our reach with the Gospel.
Click Play To Listen
What You'll Learn
- Living missions and mobilizing the church
- Chiang Mai, Thailand as a strategic hub
- Rethinking Global Mobilization
- Growth during challenges
- Changing the face of global missions
- Answering God’s movement call
- Viewing missions as central
Links & Resources
- Website: rethinkingmobilization.com
- Website: globalmmi.net
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- FB: facebook.com/GMMIOnline
- Twitter: twitter.com/globalmmi
- Book: Rethinking Global Mobilization: Calling the Church to Her Core Identity
Ryan Shaw is International Lead Facilitator of Global Mission Mobilization Initiative (GMMI), a resourcing ministry equipping the Church for mission mobilization through practical tools, teaching, training and strategies. He has traveled in a mobilization capacity to over 65 nations and is the author of twelve global ministry / mobilization books and Bible studies, including Spiritual Equipping for Mission: Thriving As God’s Message Bearers. He and his family live in Chiang Mai, Thailand, where GMMI has its Global Mobilization Institute.
About From The ForeFront
From the Forefront interviews with those at the front of Christian missions and ministry. Learn about leadership, life lessons, and more with the monthly, long form podcast brought to you by the creators of the Leadership Moment Podcast, FXMissions.